Department of Public Works
contact the Norris Public Works Department, call 865.494.0351 or the City office at 865.494.7645
Location: The Department operates from 125 Cedar Place in Norris.
Public Works Employees:
Light Equipment Operators.........................................David
Street and Sidewalk Maintenance
Traffic and Directional Signage
Brush and Leaf Pickup
Drainage Systems Maintenance
Municipal Buildings Maintenance
and Commons Maintenance
Annual Spring Household Garbage Clean up
City of Norris
Brush and Leaf Policy
- Brush pickup will be the first full week
of the month except for November and December when leaf pickup has priority.
- Residents who would like their brush picked
up should place brush near, but not beyond curb.
- All limbs should be placed with the butt end near the street.
Limb diameter can be no larger than 6 inches or length of 8 feet.
- Non-chippable items will be picked up by pitchforks.
is a one-truck load limit defined as a pickup truck maximum per pickup day.
- Logs must be cut to a size the city employees
can lift into a dump truck.
- Residents are required to keep all materials off sidewalks, parking areas and out of gutters for the safety of pedestrians
- If a contractor is hired, they or the resident are responsible for removing logs and brush.
regular season will be end of October, November, December and the first full week of January.
- Leaves must be clear of
brush, rocks, toys or other items that could damage the leaf vacuum.
- Leaves are not to be placed in the street or on
- Leaves must be bagged for pickup at any other time.
- Grass clippings and other loose material (such as pine
needles and mulch) must be bagged and weigh no more than 30 pounds.
Every attempt will be made to follow the schedule
as close as possible. The actual pickup may change depending on weather. The Public Works
Department is trying to provide the highest level of service in a cost effective and timely manner to ALL residents.
CITY OF NORRIS WILL ASSIST RESIDENTS WITH THEIR SPRINGTIME CLEAN-UP. THE CITY WILL PICK UP OBJECTS AT CURBSIDE THAT ARE NOT
TOO HEAVY FOR TWO MEN TO HANDLE.
that cannot be picked up are:
for the annual springtime cleanup will be advertised 3 - 5 weeks in advance.